Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Tuesday double cl/pr...just get in the gym and warm up

It seems as if I have to take my own advice lately and just get my butt out to the gym, put my hands on the bell and start swinging.

I used to always (for over 1 year) start my workout with basically the same warm up of 40 two hand swings w/12kg, 1 min. work, 1 min rest for 5 sets. And although that weight, with 2 hands, is light for me the full minute of swinging kind of forced the blood moving through my body, settling me in for the long haul, while having a full minute break allowed me to get the music started, get water ready, my socksleeves, etc. By the time my 5 sets were done you couldn't drag me out of the gym, I was ready for my workout and 10 minutes of swinging had already beeen done! So, I've gone back to that basic warm up....it works for me.

Warm up

40 swings, 1 min work/rest x 5 sets = 10 min.

Work sets

8 double clean/press w/12kgs, 30 sec. work/rest,
10/10 x 2, 1 hand swings w/12kg (40 reps), 1 min work/rest,
8 double clean/press w/12kgs, 30 sec. work/rest
40 2 hand swings w/16kg, 1 min. work/rest,
8 double clean/press w/12kgs, 30 sec. work/rest
40 2 hand swings w/20kg, 1 min work/rest
x 4 rotations

Each rotation of 6 combinations took 9 minutes to complete x 4 = 36 min. 96 dbl/cl/pr, 480 swings (not including warm up)


Bottoms up swings w/12kg

15/15 x 2 (60 reps), 3 min work, 1 min rest
10/10 x 3 (60 reps) 3 min work, 1 min rest
8 min.

Total workout 54 min.

Pictures and video of Team Rif Workshop coming soon!

2 comments:

Crystal Schulz said...

Hi Tracy,
I just wanted to say "thank you" for being a training and eating inspiration. When I'm not sure what to do for a workout, I go into your archives to get some ideas. I also have expanded my palette with your recipes and eat homemade soup on a daily basis. I really enjoy the fact that you lay it all out there, including your weaknessess. It helps me to feel like my problems aren't so abnormal.

Sincerely,
Crystal

Tracy Reifkind said...

Crystal,

I just mentioned this past weekend, at our workshop, that my blog is like your own personal trainer! Thank you for recognizing the value in my workout routines.

I might be on a "soup crusade" this next year, I could eat it for every meal of the day, in fact I just finished my breakfast (9:30am), it was a bowl of fresh tomato soup, barley and chicken.... Campbell's has nothing on me, lol!

I know I haven't been blogging as much as I would like to, but I'm busy cleaning the clutter from my life and trying to find a purpose, and then I get a comment like yours, and it reminds me, maybe I am doing something good.

Thanks again.