Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Max V02, 56 sets of 7 w/16kg, but who's counting?

I barely got a chance to meet super kb snatcher Nikki Shlosser, (second place holder in the snatch race) and teased her about whether or not she counted the, probably, 100's of snatches done at the UCLA RKC. Hopefully she wasn't snatching the "double points" 16kg, lol (although, I swear, I glaced on the field at one point to see her press the 20kg, overhead, as if it were a toy KB!) She did show me a nasty blister on her palm that could take her out of the snatch race for a few days, at least, lol!

Monday Max V02 w/16kg

Warm up, misc. swings and snatches (10 each side w/12kg, 5 each side w/16kg).

Work sets 15 sec work, 15 sec rest 7 R, 7 L,
56 sets = 28 min., 392 snatches (784 snatch points + 30 warm up snatch points)










I don't spend alot of time on the warm up these days, I just go to it! Last week, because of our travel schedule, instead of Max V02 on Mon. & Wed. I trained it on Mon., & on Fri. doing my 80 sets of 8 w/12kg, I think that had something to do with not feeling as strong as I expected to after 2 days off from KB's. As it is my shoulders are so sore this morning I was worried I might not be able to keep them up during yoga earlier! I actually told Mark that I would of rather done the 36/36 w/12kg instead of this workout!





I finished up my wokout with 20 sets of 2 hand swings, 30 sec work, 30 sec rest (20 min) using my best, longest and strongest form. I can't believe after watching the video that I actually got my elbows straight, lol. I was trying to lock them out so much my triceps got a really good workout too!

6 comments:

Jordan Vezina said...

That's scary.

Nikki Shlosser said...

Wow, I'm so honored to be on your blog! Look at us!! *giggle*
Well the hand might have 3-4 days left to heal enough to start snatching again... in the meantime I'm on a major junk food binge. *oops* Hope you had a great birthday!

Unknown said...

You and Nikki are my inspiration for KB workouts. You both raise the bar for women and help me to see I can do way more than I ever imagined.

Tracy Reifkind said...

jordan,

What's scary? The workout, or the picture? LOL

Tracy Reifkind said...

Nikki,

Take your time, healing your hand, that is, lol! I'm so glad we both looked cute in this picture since I didn't get any others.

I guess you deserve a little junk food binge after that weekend, judt know when to stop (look st me, calling the kettle black, lol)

Tracy Reifkind said...

Peggy,

I'll tell you, when you are as competitive as I can get, it's hard not to want to chase after these girls! When my max V02 cycle is over I might just have to rack up some snatch points....big time....it looks like I've got some catching up to do ,lol

Too bad it's not a swing race, I think I've got a few 100 thousand reps by now!