Thursday, May 22, 2008

Tracy's All Day Food 5/21

Add in a "Butterfinger candy bar binge" at the end of the day and this is pretty much what I prepared on Wednesday. I'll be writing about that on Food and Thought.....

Menu

beef, barley, and veg soup with spinach
broccoli and carrot salad with tahini dressing and sesame seeds
dried apricots w/almond butter and almond
cabbage salad w/chicken and curry dressing

Of course my morning coffee w/cream, but I was fighting a small sugar craving that I let turn into a big sugar craving..... What was I really craving? Looking back at yesterday, I didn't pack enough food, and because I was at work all day, and overbooked, and stressed, I allowed that first compulsive bite...... I was able to stop before it went from bad to worse, to crazy! Oh, crazy came first...sorry, lol!

Today is a great day. I'm headed out to the gym for my KB workout, then off to work, again all day. I got 2 freakin' heads of Romaine lettuce in my CSA box, my least favorite, so I guess it's Ceasar salad w/chicken today.....no Butterfingers....I promise!

2 comments:

fawn said...

Tracy
I love romaine! Too bad we don't live in the same city... you could have my broccoli rape and I could have your romaine. LOL!

Tracy Reifkind said...

Fawn,

No thanks...you've ruined me for broccoli rape! And as far as romaine goes....I'm warming up to it, literally....I'm going to grill it too!

I'll use the big leaves, torn, in one salad, and then split the hearts and grill them for another. Hey, did you guys get a new grill last year?