Friday, February 8, 2008

Getting Ready for Fawn & Thurs. KB workout

Fawn Friday and me at the Farmers Market in St. Paul 10/20/07.

Today is Friday, 02/09, one week away from the first San Jose RKC, (Mark will be teaching along with Andrea DuCane and Brett Jones), and less than one week until Fawn Friday comes to stay with me for 3 days! I haven't had a house guest in....oh, I don't know....maybe ever! That should give you an idea of how much I like this chick!

Fawn, and her husband, Aaron, were kind enough to let me invite myself to stay with them during the Oct. RKC, and I have to say (again) it was the best "vacation" I've ever had! Now I know that might sound a little dramatic, given the fact that I've been to places from Hawaii, to Rome, but I got to do everything that I love while I was there. From KB training and teaching to shopping at vintage boutiques, and let's not forget cooking! So with that being said I've got plenty of fun lined up for us, I just hope 3 days will be enough!

I was hoping to turn my living room into a personal training studio (a blog post for another time) before she gets here, so that is one of the "projects" I need to work on.....it was inspired by the fact that Aaron and Fawn have nothing but a rug and huge mirror on the wall in their living room! Minimalistic...yeah...! Lots to do, lots to do!

Some of the things I have planned for us;

Dropping in (of course) on the SJ RKC
Driving to Santa Cruz, Monterey, San Francisco (Farmers Market and Alemany Flea Market)
Girly stuff like, haircuts, manicures, shopping, etc.
5:30am Bikram yoga!
Dinner and drinking (man, I better tighten my diet" belt this week, lol)
Picture taking, video of at least one workout routine together, lol!
And cooking, of course
Oh, and KB's! Hopefully Fawn will co-teach with me!

Maybe I don't have to clean my house..I don't think we'll be spending much time there!

Thursday
swinging with client @ 9am-9:30 (I used this time as a warm up)
12:30 KB
6:30pm 1 hour walk

Work sets

40 2 hand swings /12kg, 1 min work,
1 min rest
40 transfers w/12kg, 1 min work,
1 min rest
40 2 hand swings w/16kg, 1 min work,
1 min rest
40 transfers w/16kg, 1 min work,
1 min rest
40 2 hand swings w/20 kg, 1 min work,
1 min rest

I alternated these 5 sets, in this order 4 x = 40 min.

I'm still building my base back up, it was good swinging the 20kg for 1 minute sets. I feel like it will take me 12 weeks of training to get back to my pre op conditioning....I'm only 2 weeks into it. I do plan on snatching that stinkin' 16 kg this week, if only for a few reps or a few sets! I'm carrying around a little more weight these days...I might as well put it to work. lol!

Life is great. A good friend is coming soon!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait, too, Tracy!!!!

Lauren Brooks said...

Sounds fun! If I wasn't still breast feeding I'd be up there as well! See you guys in June, should be done by then!

fawn said...

OMG! Tracy... I am getting so excited. I really have to hold back from bragging to my KB classes how I get to go to California and visit THE TRACY! Plus, now that the meet is out of the way... all I can think about is my vacation!

PLEASE... Aaron and I begged you to come visit all summer last year.

Mark Reifkind said...

lol@ " The Tracy", I love it.can't wait to see you Fawn.

Tracy Reifkind said...

jenn, I can't wait for you to meet Fawn!

Tracy Reifkind said...

Lauren,

You'll be at the June level 2...we can all get together then!

Tracy Reifkind said...

Fawn,

I haven't done a darn thing yet!

I do have a handful of "Fawn Fans" (me included!) excited to meet, cook, and swing with you (Sat. afternoon)!

WOO HOO!

leslie said...

This "Fawn Fan" can't wait for Saturday!

Aaron Friday said...

That is the biggest cucumber I've ever seen!

Tracy Reifkind said...

Aaron,

Isn't though?

Aaron Friday said...

It's obscene, really.