Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Tone Deaf

One of the hardest things to convey through writing is "tone". That's why I tend to use alot of "quotation marks", bold print, and CAPITAL LETTERS. It's amazing to me how many times what is written is misinterpreted. But every time it happens it reminds me of just how "out there" we are when we open ourselves up to the internet.

I never take for granted that anyone reads my blog or even cares. The blogosphere is growing everyday and anyone that puts themselves "out there" is free to share opinions. I hope that my thoughts and opinions stay positive because I do believe that being positive is far more empowering than being negative.

4 comments:

leslie said...

You are so right!

I've tried for years to keep a journal -- I've heard how theraputic it is and how much it helps with life, but I've NEVER been able to do it. Then along comes the weblog and for whatever reason, I'm able to consistently put my thoughts down. That people read it is bonus. That a few have found benefit in what I've written -- that's the corner flower piece in the cake (the best piece, heavily laden with buttercream frosting!).

Tracy Reifkind said...

I have to always steal a flower!

I don't know what the heck I'm doing wrong, but I've tried to comment a few times on some of your posts, but it doesn't publish.?????

I'll keep trying.

But you post on "keeping your mouth shut" totally relates to how you can never predict what anyone will think about what you say.

Royce said...

I love your blog Tracy. And I love the fact that you place everything right out in the open. Hell, I don't even keep an honest food log ( I know, I know.....).
Peace

Tracy Reifkind said...

Royce, Thanks, I'm feeling the love!