Tuesday, March 13, 2007

2 Min. Snatch Sets

Wow, talk about putting calories to good use (I had a challenging day with my diet yesterday), I had an awesome snatch workout this morning. Here's what I did;

8:30am KB Snatches

Warm up w/26

40 2 hand swings, 1 min on 1 min, rest x 5 sets = 10 min.

Work sets w/26

# 1
80 transfers, 2 min. on 1 min. rest

#2
5 snatch R, trans., 5 snatch L, trans., repeat 4 more times = 25 snatch R & L + 10 trans.,
2 min. on 1.5 min. rest

#3
15 snatch R, 15 snatch L, 1 min on 1 min. rest

I did only one set of #1 and then alternated sets #2 twice before doing set #3 once, x 4 sequences. So the order was as follows; set # 1, #2, #2, #3, #2, #2, #3, #2, #2, #3, #2, #2, #3.
These 13 sets took 39 min to complete. I then repeated set #1, 3 more times and ending with 40 2 hand swings (same as warm up set) for a additional total of 10 min..

Total workout 59 min.

Out of the 36 mins. of snatch sets 20 min. was actual work and 16 min. was rest. That = 320 snatches, and 40 trans.

Total workout = 320 snatches, 360 transfers, and 240 2 hand swings.

Monday AM weight 126.0
9:15 Bikram yoga
7:15 45 min walk

Menu

coffee w/cream, cocoa 130 cal
apple 100 cal.
oats/milk/sliced almonds 285 cal.
broccoli salad w/dried cranberries and tuna salad w/mayo 520 cal.
prunes (6), almonds 220 cal.
at least 1/2 c. peanut butter 800 cal.
Girl Scout cookies (10) 750 cal.
cornbread 360 cal.
chili pepper and tomato soup w/chicken (5oz) 400 cal.

Total calories 3565

I knew I didn't feel strong enough Mon. morning for my snatch workout, so I went to yoga but still felt "weak". Obviously my "feelings" of lack of energy produced some anxiety and I kind of "lost it" later in the afternoon. I didn't feel bad about the calories in the peanut butter, but I do regret the cookies and cornbread.

It seems when I feel that I can not control my food choices, every bite I take (junk food) perpetuates another bite, one cookie turns into 10, the anxiety takes over and I can't get them into my mouth fast enough! Oh well, I keep "fighting the fight".

After eating the crap I still had my dinner of some good healthy soup w/plenty of chicken (no beans or squash) because I needed to nourish my body for my snatch workout today. I'm glad I decided not to "trip" about the extra calories, I need the good ones! And my workout today reflected that!

Life is good. Today is a good day (even though it's not over yet!).

4 comments:

Royce said...

I hear ya'. I'm an alcoholic so most of my adult life 1 drink lead to 2 and 2 lead to 20. Fortunatley I've gotten to where I can drink a beer or two and walk away, but is has been a long damn row to hoe.

Keep at it, self-control ROCKS.

Tracy Reifkind said...

Addiction is addiction! I even find myself getting addicted to self-control! Where is the balance, why can't I live somewhere in the middle?

We'll both "keep at it"!

Franz Snideman said...

Nice workout Tracy!

Studies actually show that short term high calorie diets actually stimulate active thryoid hormone which momentarily speeds up the metabolism. I don't see any problem whatsoever with the occasional high calorie day.

But as Royce says, Self control does rock!

Tracy Reifkind said...

Franz, I'm a total beleiver in occasional high-calorie days, it's worked for me for over 2 years now. But, idealy a more planned, delibrate way of doing it is what I'm shooting for!

"High-calorie day" as opposed to "out of control day"!