Saturday, December 30, 2006

Healing, Body and Mind

I'm struggling this morning with going to yoga class or not. My body tells me not to go, I still have physical symptoms of my cold ( sniffling, coughing, phlegm), and I really do want to be considerate of the other students in the studio. But my mind won't shut off the obsession of going hard and fast a.s.a.p.. Normally I would medicate my symptoms and go to class, and go for a walk.

But my mind has the devil sitting on one shoulder and an angel on the other shoulder. The angel is encouraging the healing process and is being reasonable, the devil is more concerened about burning calories and not losing fitness or muscle tone I've worked so hard to attain this past year.

The angel reminds me that all is not lost in a few days, but the devil's obsessive nature keeps gnawing at me. I've already decided not to go to yoga, I'm just still trying to make peace with it. I know part of it is also my competitive nature to be the best student or to go the most classes etc..

I did manage to swing yesterday for a 50 min WO. It became apparent to me quickly that I was still sick! I was hoping to get back to a regular schedule today (Sat.) but I think the wise decision will be to skip yoga, go for a walk, do some stretching, get plenty of rest, water, tea, and get back to kettlebells tomorrow.

Friday KB swing combinations w/ 26
8:00am

Warm up

40 2 hand swings 1 min. on 1 min. rest x 5 sets = 10 min.

Work sets

#1
40 1 swing, 1 transfer, 2 min. on, 1 min. rest

#2
20 L, 20 R, 20 L, 20 R, 1 hand swings, 2 min. on, 1 min. rest

#3
40 2 hand swings, 1 min. on, 1 min. rest

These 3 sets took 8 min. to complete. I alternated sets #1-3 in order x 5 = 40 min. Total WO time 50 min.

Friday menu
AM weight 130.4

5-9:00 coffee w/cream, cocoa 185 cal.
10:30 oatmeal w/milk 245 cal.
1:00 prunes 200 cal.
3:15 lg cabbage and carrot salad, 3 oz chicken, raisins and curry dressing 470 cal.
6:00 ham and pea soup w/kale 350 cal.
8:30 toostie pop 75 cal.

Total calories 1525

No comments: